20130303

038 - Newton's Cradle

Where's Dim Sum? #038a - Newton's Cradle


Dim Sum meows to warn Opal to get out of the way of the swinging balls. But she wouldn't listen.

This is a continuation of yesterday's photoshoot for the Exploratorium blog. I was aiming for a geometric composition and I wanted the background to be as plain as possible without having to derender too much because I wanted to retain a sense of the environment.

model: Opal Lei
clothing: Inga Wind Clothing
location: Sploland


Technical notes

windlight: Phototools- Lo Light 03 (modified)

Depth of Field:
View angle: 0.5
FOV: 40
F-number: 12
Foc Length: 72
Foc Time: 0.5
CoC: 10.0
Resolution: 0.7
Aspect Ratio: 1.50

Glow Settings:
Quality: 8
Iterations:10
Strength: 0.2
Luminance: 0.75
Warmth: 5.0
Width: 1.0
Alpha: 0.15

This was a very long session (several hours) because I was interrupted a couple of times, and I kept crashing. I've had bump and shiny turned on and I realized that that would crash me if I have shadows and DOF turned on at the same time.

And here's a closer version:

Where's Dim Sum? #038b - Newton's Cradle

No comments:

Post a Comment

370 - Eggs and bunnies and peeps (360°)

Dim Sum joins the peeps who wanna be bunnies. At least for Easter. For non-US folks, "peeps" are marshmallow candies shaped l...