20130909

188 - Birdhouse

Where's Dim Sum? #188 - Birdhouse


Dim Sum pretends she's ignoring the birds, but she's secretly scheming how to jump at them before they can fly away.


I know, I know. I hadn't posted for a long while because these past week or so has been crazy busy. Last night was the first time I actually got 8 hours of sleep. Another night I got 6 hours of sleep. The rest of the nights, I got 3 hours; 4 hours if I was lucky. I was getting too cranky and too argumentative. Anyway, I'm back. Somewhat normal, or as normal I get.  ;)

Over the weekend, I did a presentation "Enhancing Depth in Your Virtual World Photos" at the first annual OpenSim Community Conference to which Rhiannon Chatnoir of the NonProfit Commons invited me to talk. If you missed it, you can find the slides on Slideshare.net and you can watch the raw recording at UStream.tv.

We had so many technical issues on Saturday, which was the original schedule, that I only got to half of the presentation before my machine shut down on its own, because it was overheating. So, the wonderful OSCC staff found me another timeslot on Sunday so we could continue the presentation. The recording is from the Sunday show. It goes faster and I managed to stay online, although Buffy Beale (my coordinator and emcee) handled the slides for me. We also had trouble with the media-on-a-prim so I wasn't able to show the examples inworld, but I added some to the end of the slide deck.

This image of the day is actually similar to the example I used to illustrate the effect of DOF in simulating depth. So I just went back to the same place to take a similar picture with Dim Sum in it.

Her pass for Kingdom of Sand expired by now, and I don't know if she would be able to get another one to take more photos there. We'll see.


location: Whispering Winds

Technical notes

windlight: Phototools- Lo Light 03 (modified)
water: Default (modified)



No comments:

Post a Comment

370 - Eggs and bunnies and peeps (360°)

Dim Sum joins the peeps who wanna be bunnies. At least for Easter. For non-US folks, "peeps" are marshmallow candies shaped l...