20131009

206 - Taklamakan

Where's Dim Sum? #206 - Taklamakan


Dim Sum watches the dust storms, the balls of lightning, and the burning rocks and suddenly feels thirsty.


I know, I know, I'm doing a lot of warm (or hot!) colors lately. But it feels more appropriate in these sims with the red sand and all. It's based on the novel "Dune" by Frank Herbert after all. :)

The arch is called "PQ Jenso Entrance" by P4NDOR4 Quintessa (Pandemonium)

location: Araxes Mu Draconis

And... it's my birthday! So, I'm finally doing Strawberry Singh's meme of the same title.

Technical notes

windlight: [TOR] SUNSET - Brouhatta charme (modified)



Strawberry's memes - It's My Birthday

I had been meaning to do this birthday meme the week that Strawberry posted the meme on her birthday, but I didn't have time. And she had so many tasks to do for this one!


1. Answer the following questions about your own real life birthday.


When is your birthday?
October 9. Today. ;)


Pick one person who shares your birthday and share what you know about them.
How about three? 
  • John Lennon of the Beatles and his son Sean (( *hums "Imagine all the people..."* ))
  • Scott Bakula of "Quantum Leap" and "Star Trek: Enterprise" (( *swoons* ))
  • Tony Shalhoub of "Monk," one of my favorite detective shows, along with "Poirot" and "Colombo"

List one notable event that took place on your birthday.
Apparently, nothing in particular happened on my exact birthday, but the song "Oh, Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison topped the charts. Mercy! (That was another meme somewhere.)


Tell us about a holiday that falls on your birthday.
If it falls on a Monday, then it becomes Columbus Day, which is actually on Oct 12.


2. Take any of the pictures of [Strawberry] shared in [her] post and pile them up.



3. Create your own birthday meme.

Okay, here's my birthday meme... If you were a domestic cat (nope, wild cats not allowed), what breed would you be and why?
  • What is the name of the cat breed?
  • Why would you be that breed?
  • Add a link that to a webpage describes that breed.
You can go to The International Cat Association (TICA) website for pictures and descriptions of breeds. Or you can search for other similar sites.
 
Personally, I think I'd be a Napoleon breed. They have this distinctive teddy bear face and I have a story about that.

In my culture, it was believed that whatever the mother craves for while she's pregnant, the baby would have some characteristics of that thing. For example, if the mother had a craving for jicama, the baby would be fair-skinned. If the mother had a craving for bright red tomatoes, the baby would have very red lips. Something like that.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a strong craving. It could also be a strong repulsion. When my sister was pregnant with my oldest nephew, she couldn't stand being around my dad. To her, he stank so bad, although the rest of us couldn't smell anything. So, when my nephew was born, he looked a lot like my dad.


Anyway, the story is ... When my mom was pregnant with me, my dad saw some teddy bears at a shop on his way home. The teddy bears had little very red tongues sticking out and rounded pot-bellies, and he wanted those teddy bears so much, like a pregnant woman craving for ice cream and pickles, so he took one home. And whadya know... When I was born, I had a little very red tongue and a pot belly. And they noticed that I looked kinda like those teddy bears. :D

Please post your reply or the link to your reply in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

370 - Eggs and bunnies and peeps (360°)

Dim Sum joins the peeps who wanna be bunnies. At least for Easter. For non-US folks, "peeps" are marshmallow candies shaped l...